Friday, August 04, 2006

Dad's Cable Scarf

Not much knitting happening lately...

Having said that, I am making a replacement scarf for my dad. I made him a long green scarf using Rowan Aran Tweed for his birthday in April but he complained that it's too thick and coarse.

It did cross my mind that the texture was like a piece of carpet but I had stayed up a few nights to finish it in time for his birthday so I was not in the clearest frame of mind (I actually had a ring of green around my pointer from knitting with that yarn non-stop)...

Anyway, he refuses to give the scarf back to me unless I make him another one (strange man).

I'm making it from 4 skeins of soft felted wool I got in New Zealand earlier this year, and he has approved the yarn. Hopefully I'll finish it before the Souther Hemisphere winter is out...

No comments: