Friday, August 11, 2006

1st Music Post

I know that the subtitle of this blog suggests that I blog about music and bands and stuff but so far, none of that's been happening.

Main reason is that around the same time this blog started I got an iPod (yes shock horror) for the first time. As a result of that momentous development in my life I decided to go through and listen to all my old music, in order to justify my new acquisition (well technically it was acquired by Jerms but what's his is mine, so).

Anyway, long and short of it is that I have not bought ANY new music since the week before Easter (when I bought The Whitlams' Little Cloud, Jack Johnson's Curious George and Augie March's Moo, You Bloody Choir all in one go). That's nearly 5 months with no new music!

But the drought has broken! Yesterday I bought...
Clare Bowditch and the Feeding Set's What Was Left
Kings of Leon's Aha Shake Heartbreak (Limited Tour Edition)

I've had my eye on Clair's album for a while now - she has a mesmerising husky voice. Highly recommended. Loving track 2 'Lips Like Oranges', 3 'I Thought You Were God' and 5 'Divorcee by 23'.

The main reason I got KoL's album was actually cos' it was only $9.90. I did see them at the Big Day Out and they were rockin'. Better than, dare I say, The White Stripes' set (I must be the only person in the world who do not like them live).

Actually I walked into the music shop looking for The Panics' Sleeps Like A Curse cos' it was Richard Kingsmill's no. 1 favourite album for 2005 (Richard is the sexiest man on radio), and I'd listened to the FREE MP3s on The Panics' website and loved every track, especially 'In Your Head' and 'Twin Sisters'. Check it out.

(I didn't end up buying the album cos' it felt too indulgent to get 3 albums in one go... and I'm trying to be more sensible with money. Trying.)

No comments: