Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cloud Bolero II

Hi guys, it's been a while.

The 2nd Cloud Bolero was finished on the weekend with just one 'Yikes!' moment when I ran out of yarn during the bind off (the picot edge uses a RIDICULOUS amount of yarn). This led immediately to a panicked call to my LYS who kindly put a ball aside for me. I was slightly worried as I got this yarn a few weeks ago in a sale basket but I needn't have worried, there was plenty left when I went there on the weekend.

Anyway, I made it pretty much to the same specs as the first one so I won't bore you (or myself) with the details.

I substituted the Rowan Polar (which sheds like an Angora wabbit) with a yarn called Luce which I have not seen anywhere else (the brand is really stupid sounding like 'bFashion' or something). It's a mohair acrylic blend, with gold threads shot through. It actually knits up quite soft but the gold threads make it quite scratchy... so there goes my vision of wearing it on more formal occasions with a strapless dress. I think I'll have to wear a long sleeve skivvy underneath instead... um, attractive.

Here's a back shot if you're keen. Go on.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

VERY CUTE!!!

pamela wynne said...

beautiful!
and I think it would look fab over a long-sleeved slim-fitting black skivvy. (if a skivvy is what I think it is -- must be an Australian word?)