Thursday, August 09, 2007

Deathly Hallows Scarf

Well the Sockapalooza socks are done, blocked, and packaged (and only 1.5 weeks late - so sorry Sock Pal!).

marigolds 2
(More pics here.)

I ended up working the heel as per the pattern because I simply couldn't get the colours to stop pooling when I tried the Widdershin heel, although I did find a very useful link that shows you how to knit this heel for socks with different numbers of stitches to the original pattern (thanks Talvi!).

The pattern is Marigolds by Pamela Wynne of Flint Knits. Yarn is Joan in Lilly Pilly from Live 2 Knit. I used 2.5mm Knit Picks dpns.

In the meantime, I'm working on something I haven't done in years - a garter stitch scarf!

kureyon garter scarf

I started this while in the Deathly Hallows queue at Borders, with my iPod plugged in (I was really paranoid I would overhear a spoiler) and grumpy as anything (standing in a queue of 200 people at 8.30am after a big night is not my ideal Saturday morning).

The garter stitch is strangely soothing and the colour changes in Noro Kureyon is just interesting enough to keep me going.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. I love how you've wrapped that parcel.

Pig wot flies said...

Lovely socks. I finally finished mine yesteday. They're currently drying off after a wash.
Pretty coloured Kureyon. What colourway is it?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful presents! Lucky pal. I really like garter stitch at times - so soothing.

Anonymous said...

I love the way kureyon looks knit up in garter.

peaknits said...

I love how you wrapped your socks - they look so inviting - I may have to use that fancy paper idea - nice! The socks are great too of course, but the parcel is so nicely done I had to mention it:)

Octopus Knits said...

Your socks are beautiful! (if they are not your best, then I am in awe of your best) The pattern looks great with the yarn you've chosen, and the way you've wrapped them is so pretty!

Your Noro scarf is looking lovely, as well.