Friday, April 06, 2007

Big Bird Socks

So I finally finished the Socktopia Knit Off socks. Do I get a prize for coming dead last?

These ended up taking me quite a while as I lost motivation after the deadline passed.

Project details:

Pattern: Eleanor from Socktopia

Yarn: On Line Linie 38 Kaschmerino in an egg yolk yellow (Shade 002). This stuff has a suspiciously similar fiber content to Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (56% merino, 30% microfiber, 14% cashmere, cf. DB's 55%, 33%, 12%)

Needles: 2.75mm dpns

Started: Wee hours of Sunday 25th March

Finished: 6th April

Modifications: I wasn't allowed any as part of the Knit Off, but since I completely missed the deadline and was so bored with the pattern after the first sock, I made the holes slant the other way for the 2nd sock just for fun.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

They look fantastic!

Heidi said...

I know, you shouldn't be happy about other people's misery... But I can't help feeling just a little bit better now that I know that someone had even less favourable circumstances during the knit off! :) Are you taking part in the grudge match (I read somewhere that there will be one)? I'm definitely doing that! And this time I'm staying awake no matter what!

This just cracks me up every time. Obsessing about who knits the fastest! There's something not quite right about that! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I truly love all your socks. Do let me know when you post the Monkey socks - my bloglines is very erratic.

Bufanditas said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought of reversing the lace pattern. Your socks look perfect by the way.