Friday, April 13, 2007

Monkeying Around

The socks which were to be a birthday gift way back in Feb finally got done and gifted.

Here they are in all their true glory. Thanks Hoops!
This is a really horrible photo taken with *gasp* a flash, but it's the only one I got, modelled by the grateful recipient with our glamorous kitchen tiles in the background. It really doesn't do the socks justice. I'll try to get a nicer one off her.

I ended up making the Monkey socks from Knitty after all, but had to go down a needle size than the one I got gauge with because this yarn has very little elasticity - the K1P1 cuff does not spring back to shape once you stretch it.

I love this shot of the stitch detail and gusset.

Project details...
Yarn: 1 skein of Merino Cashmere Sock yarn from The Knittery in Cherries. You can see the colours better here.
Needles: 2.5mm Addi Turbos 80cm (I used the magic loop method). I must say that the Addis are not pointy enough for this pattern. The K2tog drove me nuts.

Modifications: I used a tubular cast-on and did one less pattern repeat in the leg section (mainly because I got bored).

Oh okay, just one more for the road.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Very cute socks!!!

Anonymous said...

They're gorgeous! (Thanks for the link.)

Anonymous said...

Is that the true colour (purple), or is it due to being outdoors? Mine are red/pink.