Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Arisaig Finished!

I finally decided not to make the contrast colour tie, after trying 2 different colours and giving up about 10 inches into the 80-inch (!) tie.

I decided to fasten the side with mini shell buttons instead. Here's a closeup...

And this is what it looks like on the inside.


So, details about this project...

Material: 11 balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in 207 (and I needed every bit of that - I had to undo the gauge swatch to have enough yarn for the button loops)

Pattern: Arisaig from Knitty Fall 05 in the small size

Pattern modifications:
1. Used 3.0mm needles throughout - i.e. did not use smaller needles for ribbing
2. Lengthened 2x2 rib section significantly - I think it's about 3 inches
3. Ditched the tie around the collar - I picked up a large number of stitches and knitted a few rows of garter instead
4. Fasten with button by crocheting a button loop on the side of the right front

So there you have it.

6 comments:

Pig wot flies said...

Looks good. Well done! Right, must finish mine.

Princess J said...

Are you working on a modelling career??

Sabrina Hirsch said...

That is AMAZING! nice work!

Anonymous said...

hullo!

wow, that's real impressive!
yeah! you could be a model!
;)

Kirsten said...

It's wonderful. I've admired this pattern ever since it was first published on Knitty. I like your addition of the buttons.

EGJ said...

Beautiful Arisaig! I've been meaning to make one myself, but of course, keep getting sidetracked by other projects... This button solution is really neat, too.