Monday, September 25, 2006

Zoo of Socks

Came across this book on Angry Chicken's blog and just had to have it! (ISBN 4579110617)

Managed to find it at my local Kinokuniya (my favourite shop to browse at lunchtime, when I get one).


There are about 15 different animals you can make from socks or gloves. My faves include the pig, elephant, panda and red robin (I like them all!). There are pictorial instructions and look pretty easy to follow - although I haven't made anything yet.

There's even a small section on making clothes for the dolls (a top, pants, dress and hat). More pics on my flickr.


My first project will be the zebra, which is Jerms' favourite. Kudos to him for holding the book in the sun so I can take these pics.

In related news, Jerms and I did a photo shoot of a couple of my other Japanese craft books at the same time. I'll be posting pics of these in the next couple of days. Stay tuned.

No comments: