Thursday, February 15, 2007

Elephant Foot

This looks like a normal enough sock...

Pattern is the Spindle Socks by Anna at My Fashionable Life using Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino in a lilac.

When I put the sock onto waste yarn (I'm a good girl) to try it on for length last night, look what happened!

No matter how I tugged, I could not get it past my elephant sized heel!

It was too depressing. Of course I had to frog it immediately, hence the poorly lit photos - taken at night in haste and frustration....

So for the first time in a LONG time, I actually have no WIP (!) Well, strictly that's not true. I found the long neglected Belisa cashmere scarf which I started after Easter last year. I worked a couple rows on the train this morning but am already bored.... ARGH!!!!

2 comments:

Pig wot flies said...

Oh, I hate it when that happens. Is it a particularly non-stretchy pattern? Sometimes you can fix the problem by making the leg part bigger and leave the foot as written. Frustrating though.

Sarah said...

Wow - you're really going for the socks now - bad luck with the Spindle pattern though - it's a really lovely pattern.