Thursday, July 27, 2006

Too Much of a Good Thing

A couple weeks ago we hunted out Max Brenner at St. Ives for one last hoorah before GK left for her 'I need to find myself' trip to the UK.

Between me, J and GK we ordered the chocolate souffle, chocolate dome (choc-coated choc mousse with creme brulee centre... I know, feels bad just typing this) and a hot chocolate each.

While I am a great fan of chocolate (dark only thanks) - this type of indulgence is probably not recommended if, say, you want to stay alive.

More than 1 of us suffered heart pulpitations during the course of consumption and I believe someone went home and got sick...

And in the end I actually enjoyed the strawberries dipped in molten chocolate more than the actual desserts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree that heart palpitations from this chocolate hit are definitely not a good way to end a night...

i'm still a little afraid to eat chocolate...i've never felt so sick from eating before! a lesson learnt....

Kuntry Konfession said...

uuuh-oh! ahhhh! What have you done?! i just got electricuted from licking the screen to get to those loveliess.....arg! i can taste them by just seeing them!